Brigadier General Howard L. "Chip" Eissler is the Deputy Director, Air Force Warfighting Integration Capability, Functional Integration Division, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C. In this position he supports the AFWIC director in developing Total Force, multi-domain operating concepts to implement the National Defense Strategy.
General Eissler earned his commission through the U.S. Air Force Academy. He is a graduate of the U.S. Air Force A-10 Weapons Instructor Course and a command pilot with more than 4500 flying hours. General Eissler has commanded a fighter squadron, a fighter group, an air operations group, and an attack wing.
1987 Bachelor of Science in Aeronautical Engineering, United States Air Force Academy, Colorado
1999 U.S. Air Force A-10 Weapons Instructor Course, Nellis AFB, Nevada
2002 Air Command and Staff College (ACSC), by correspondence
2007 United States Army War College
2007 Master of Strategic Studies in Strategic Studies, United States Army War College, Carlisle, Pennsylvania
2010 Air and Space Operations Senior Staff Course, McGuire AFB, N.J.
2012 Joint Commanders Task Force Course, Peterson AFB, Colo.
2017 Executive Leadership Cyber Security Training, University of Texas San Antonio.
1. August 1987 - August 1988, Student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Laughlin AFB, Texas
2. August 1988 - July 1992, T-37 Instructor Pilot, Safety Officer, Laughlin AFB, Texas
3. July 1992 - October 1993, Student, A-10 Pilot Training, Barksdale, La.
4. October 1993 - December 1995, OA-10 Forward Air Control Pilot, Willow Grove, Pa.
5. December 1995 - December 1999, A/OA-10 Fighter Pilot, Willow Grove ARS, Pa.
6. December 1999 - August 2003, Weapons Officer, 111th FW, Willow Grove, Pa.
7. August 2003 - October 2005, Commander, 103rd Fighter Squadron, Willow Grove, Pa.
8. October 2005 - June 2006, Commander, 111th Operations Group, Willow Grove, Pa.
9. June 2006 - July 2007, Student, Army War College, Carlisle Barracks, Pa.
10. October 2007 - February 2011, Commander, 111th Operations Group, Willow Grove, Pa.
11. February 2011 - February 2012, Commander, Air Operations Group, Willow Grove, Pa.
12. February 2012 - June 2014, Commander, 111th Fighter Wing, Willow Grove, Pa.
13. June 2014 - April 2018, Commander, 111th Attack Wing, Willow Grove, Pa.
14. April 2018 - October 2018, A3 Director Operations, Fort Indiantown Gap, Pa.
15. October 2018 - July 2019, Guard Advisor to AF A3, Pentagon, D.C
16. August 2019 - Present, Special Assistant to the Director, Air National Guard, Washington, D.C.
Rating: Command Pilot
Flight hours: More than 4,500
Aircraft flown: T-37, T-38, A/OA-10, MQ-9
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with seven oak leaf cluster
Southwest Asia Service Medal with bronze star
Afghanistan Campaign Medal with bronze star
Iraq Campaign Medal with two bronze stars
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 27, 1987
First Lieutenant May 27, 1989
Captain May 27, 1991
Major October 1, 1998
Lieutenant Colonel November 21, 2002
Colonel April 29, 2008
Brigadier General August 5, 2019